My husband and I don’t fight.
I remember one time my Mom said that my ex and I weren’t communicating if we didn’t disagree every once in a while. So, I’ll be clear: we disagree. But we don’t fight.
In fact, the last thing I like to do is fight with my husband. He’s way too sweet. And even when I am right, I feel like a big bully if we get into it. This is a problem, because, occasionally, I do get a temper. And when I have a temper, I never really come out looking like the sweet woman I like to be around my husband.
I don’t know if this is hormones or just the ebb and flow of our relationship, but these are the things I’ve gotten mean about:
- When we’re walking with the stroller, and he walks so much faster than me that I am left trailing after him and the baby.
- Dish Network. We’ve been trying to cancel it. Turns out they really ARE difficult about getting out of a contract.
- The way that the dishes get stacked.
- The way the clothes are left for me to hang up.
- The way he makes the baby’s diaper.
- The way I spend time after work.
- When it’s too hot at night.
- Finding a house where we won’t suffer all summer.
- Our “junk” room (where he puts things when he doesn’t know where they go).
- When he asks where things are without REALLY looking.
- How much the baby sleeps.
Poor guy. I know that I am being irrational. I really thought before that I would love coming back to school at the end of the year. Forget that. The end of the year is really no fun at all.
When will my hormones balance out? When will we be settled enough for me to stop worrying? And when will I stop feeling bad for telling him, “I told you so.” Funny, that used to feel so good to say to my sisters. With Victor, I just get, “I know.” It kinda takes the wind out of my sails.
Breath, Jania. This too shall pass…