My husband likes to take my daughter’s diaper off and let her roll around naked. Apparently, this is a Chiapanecan thing. He says she needs some air on her nether region in order to keep from getting diaper rash. And I don’t totally disagree… BUT I can’t help but sigh in exasperation when she does it again.
Alexandria has pooped or peed nearly everywhere and on everything. Furthermore, I breastfeed her. So her poop is this really slimy yellow liquid. Not exactly what you want to clean off:
1) Our first bed– this was the bed that we were in right after Ale’s arrival. We moved to a different bed the first weekend. She pooped or peed (or both), and Victor had to wash all the covers in the middle of the night.
2) Our second bed– we change her diaper here most often. That means this is where husband-0f-mine likes to let her air out and “exercise.” It wasn’t long before he decided to get a mattress cover (Not a fancy normal mattress cover–but a sheet of table-cloth material from the Tela Store).
3) Her Daddy– I like to sing, “Poo-poo on Daddy!” When Victor lets Ale get a little breeze–he also will tend to carry her around naked. So more than once I’ve heard, “Oh no!” Then he comes to show me poop on his leg. “Look what she did! She pooped on me again!” he will say proudly.
4) Her play carpet– we bought this carpet because our floors here are tile. I wanted to have a place for Alexandria to lay down and really get exercise. Yesterday Victor had her naked (Do you notice a trend here?) when she began crying. I always take my shoes off when I step onto the carpet–and lucky for me! I found out the hard way that she had peed all-over everything! (Seriously, how do baby girls a) pee so much, and b) really shoot it out there?)
Our daughter doesn’t have to have her diaper off when she makes one (I like it in Spanish when they talk about dirtying a diaper–that’s how they say it.) She likes to really spread the love:
5) All over the nice lady we stayed with in Monterrey during meeting– I look over thinking that she’s handing me Ale just to see something dripping down into the floor. Oh yes, explosive diaper. All over the front of Rosario’s skirt and all over the cute outfit she was wearing…
6) On her breastfeeding pillow– I like to prop her up on this thing. She holds her head up and will push with her legs. Actually, she catapulted herself over the top the other day. The same day I had to wash the cover–thanks to a little squirt (Not a nickname–just the verb…)
You know the one place she hasn’t made her mark yet? On me. I am really hoping to keep it that way…